TO CONVEY A POSITIVE IMAGE AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUSTAINABILITY OF MY RECREATION.
As an AORVA Member, I commit to the AORVA Member Code of Conduct to ensure operator safety, public safety and environmental protection.
RESPECTING REGULATIONS BY:
- Operating under the appropriate permits for ORV use, being properly licensed according to State Government requirements and ensuring currency of registration and holding the appropriate operators license;
- Obey notices, signs and rules of relevant authorities and Park Management and respecting speed limits;
- Ride/drive only on formed management roads or authorised areas designated for recreational use (RVA's);
RESPECTING THE ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER USERS BY:
- Inspecting my vehicle before use, making sure it is clean and in good working order, following the ORV Manufacturer's Operator's Manual and safety label recommendations;
- Respecting other users of trails (hikers, horse riders, cyclists, etc.), as well as local residents and respecting natural areas, flora and fauna, crops and properties near the trails I operate my vehicle on;
- Minimising the impact of my presence to preserve the state of the trails and their surroundings;
- Taking the necessary equipment with me to pick up my litter and record trail information for reporting to authorities;
RIDING / DRIVING RESPONSIBLY BY:
- Never operate my ORV whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and do not carry any passenger under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never allow Children to operate Adult size ORV's;
- Travel at speeds appropriate to conditions, and slow down at intersections;
- Taking along communication devices (eg: mobile phone) and safety / breakdown equipment (recovery / repair kit, etc.), preparing my itinerary before I set off and communicating it to people close to me;
- Wear an approved helmet whilst riding / driving / passenger and wearing personal protective equipment which should include protective eye wear, sturdy footwear, gloves, long sleeved shirts and trousers.